Friday, April 22, 2011

Diary of Project

For the past two years, my phenomenal tech teacher, Myrna Heilman, has spearheaded the Diary of project in the 4th grade. The students get to research an animal of their choosing, write down 10 facts at least and then create a movie pretending to be their animal. This is based on the books in the "Diary of a Fly" series and this lesson plan.

This lesson not only lets students incorporate tech in a meaningful way, not just for tech's sake, but lets them truly adapt a different voice and unique perspective. While most of my students' work can be found here, below is just a sample of the finished product.

5 comments:

Ms McNulty said...

What program did you use to create this!?!?!?

Mrs Ripp aka @pernilleripp said...

This is just in moviemaker I believe, the kids loved it

lee woo said...

I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future. See the link below for more info.


#diary
www.matreyastudios.com

Leslie Lim said...

I've read a few good stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 Lessons from the Fourth Dimension | Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Free PSD Design by Amuki